Tuesdays, Sep 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, 2022
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm PST / online
Instructor: Anne Hansen, MA
Required text: Learning to Pray: A Guide for Everyone by James Martin, SJ
What is prayer and prayer life? More importantly, what is your prayer life like and how does it change when healing and strength are needed in times of trouble? In this course, you will explore communion with God in many forms. You will learn how prayer can establish an intimacy with God in your daily life.
What you can expect to do:
· Explore key elements in prayer such as desire, grace, imagination, and the affections.
· Learn about varied forms of prayer including those developed by St. Ignatius, such as the Examen and Ignatian contemplation.
· Participate in group exercises using prayer forms.
· Learn to identify the benefits of prayer and how to deal with obstacles to prayer.
· Engage in group discussions about prayer and prayer experiences.
Upon completion of this course, you will have experienced various prayer forms and have a template for improving your prayer life and deepening your communication with God.